Calling all travellers! If you’ve been to/are going to the Middle East, Africa, Russia, Central Asia, South Asia, Latin America and/or the Caribbean, be sure to get involved in our project!
What is it?
“Project: Sweet Escape” is a Singaporean indie music video project for our original song, “Sweet Escape”. It aims to make Singaporeans more aware that there is more to the world via music.
We want to make people aware that Singaporeans do get out and see the world, and perhaps encourage them to explore for themselves!
The video will include clips of Singaporeans who have been to the five regions we cover, in a mosaic format. Think Kurt Hugo Schneider:
To show you just how much we want to do this, we even made an event page on Facebook and a crowdsourcing video:
5 reasons you should help us
1) Ever wanted to be in a music video? Now’s your chance!
2) We’re not expecting a National Geographic-esque topnotch quality video. You can use your iPhone’s camera function and go crazy. It’ll be fun, trust us.
3) Not to brag, but we did get a list of travel bloggers to agree to be a part of this. The list includes:
4) It’s so easy to send in your video, you can even send in your old ones. Keep on reading, we’ll tell you how.
5) You’ll be doing a good deed. That’s good karma points for you.
6) Why not?
Who is the band?
Sunset In Antarctica is an up-and-coming indie band from Singapore. They’re amazingly talented, and you can check them out here.
Who can participate?
Anyone at all! You don’t have to be Singaporean to submit a video. As long as the video is shot in the regions mentioned, we’ll most probably accept it! (See terms and conditions)
How can you participate?
1) Get creative! Your video can be absolutely anything – you running past a landmark, talking to a local, dancing, shopping, taking a video selfie with friends, eating a particular dish, just a clip of the dish itself, anything at all!
You can go as crazy and funny as you’d like, or as simple as you’d prefer. Just have fun with the location and the people around you.
But if you’re feeling stumped, here is a list of suggested ideas:
2) Send your videos to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are unable to send us your video through your email (because the file size is too big etc), you can either:
a) Create a Gmail account and send us the video via Google Drive, or
b) Upload the video to YouTube and send us a link. We’ll download it from there!
3) Tell us your name, age and where you’re from. This is for crediting purposes, unless you prefer to remain anonymous.
4) Let us know where the video was taken from. Be as specific as possible! We’re not looking for the exact address, but let’s say if for instance, your video was taken at a beach, let us know the name of the beach, which city/town it is in, and which country this city/town is in.
Here are some videos contributed to us so far:
Scuba diving in Maldives, from Jaclynn Seah of The Occasional Traveller
4×4 dune rides in Dubai
Video selfie in Bokonbaeva, Kyrgyzstan
Which countries are we talking about?
A whole lot of them (click the picture to enlarge).
Deadline for submissions
Please submit your videos to us latest by Sunday, 11 January 2015, 11.59pm. We sincerely apologise if we are unable to fit your video in if you submit it after that!
If we’re able to get all the clips we need by then, we’ll have this music video done by around mid February 2015! Psst, like our event page to get timely updates.
Disclaimers and whatnot
Please note that your videos may or may not be fully used, or used at all. This is in the event that we receive too many similar clips, or clips that are not suited to the video. Regardless, we greatly appreciate your help and will still credit you in either the video and/or the video description.
Your submissions may be edited for length, clarity and/or functionality. #forthebettergood
GoBeyond.SG will also not be held liable for any loss incurred during the making of your contribution.
(So if your S/O breaks up with you because you’re putting more effort into this video than your relationship, you can’t sue us okay.)
Terms and Conditions
By submitting a video to GoBeyond.SG, you are agreeing that the video is the original, uncopied work of the author or authors. GoBeyond.SG and its affiliated companies are not obligated to pay you for any submission.
You are also giving GoBeyond.SG permission to:
1) Publish the video elsewhere as long as all other publications of the video link back to GoBeyond.SG via a URL as credit or reference.
2) Use the video in all matters relating to the publication, advertising, publicity and showcasing of GoBeyond.SG.
1) Submit videos that may contain any material that is abusive, vulgar, threatening, defamatory, obscene, violates any law, any intellectual property or other property.
2) Submit videos that contain any branded material, such as clothing/equipment/props/other merchandise containing brand names, logos, signs, or any other identifier, or copyrighted material.
If your submission goes against these terms, we will neither include nor credit you in the music video and/or the video description. Sorry, that’s just the way the cookie crumbles.
How else can you help?
If you’re not going anywhere, please help us spread the word about this project to people who are or have been to these places! Share our event page and invite your friends to join in on the fun!
If you have any questions, please feel free to either leave a comment, contact us at email@example.com, or drop us a message on our Facebook page. We will try to get back to you as soon as we can!
Are you taking part in “Project: Sweet Escape”? Let us know in the comments!